This fantastic recipe was submitted to us by Ann Reeves, who originally told us on Facebook about making ice cream with our Mill St. Vanilla flavor of Cold Drip Coffee Concentrate. We were so thrilled by the idea that we asked for her permission to post a recipe. Here it is!
Mississippi Cold Drip Vanilla Ice Cream
by Ann Reeves
- 1 cup chilled Mississippi Cold Drip Coffee Concentrate – Mill St. Vanilla
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 tbsp. Ray au Lait caramel sweetener
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well blended.
- Transfer bowl to refrigerator and chill for 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream machine and churn/ freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. ( I have a Cuisinart and it takes about 25 minutes to make.)
- Put back into freezer and freeze for up to 2 more hours depending on if you want soft or hard ice cream.
You can top the ice cream with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce or chocolate covered coffee beans—whatever you like. (I have some super fancy applewood smoked sea salt that I sprinkled on top of mine!)