For those unfamiliar, Cafe de Olla is a popular Mexican coffee created with a blend of spices; cinnamon, cloves, star anise and sweetened with piloncillo. The usual call for coffee beans/ground coffee can easily be substituted with Our MS Cold Drip Coffee Concentrate. While this recipe may be a bit more complex than what you’re used to, we urge you to give it a try; you wont regret it!
MS Cold Drip “Cafe de Olla”
By MS Cold Drip
- 4 cups water
- MS Cold Drip Coffee Concentrate (remember the ratio-one part concentrate to two parts diluter)
- ⅓ cup Piloncillo (or dark brown sugar)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1 clove
- Add your water, spices, and sugar to a medium saucepan; turn on the heat and let simmer until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally
- Once your water starts boiling, take off the heat and add the coffee. Stir to combine, place the lid on the pit, and let steep for around 5 minutes
- Once steeped, pour through a fine mesh sieve, or cheesecloth, and serve!
Cafe de Olla is truly a delicious sweet and spiced coffee, and we’d definitely recommend giving it a try. Is this your first time making or drinking a Cafe de Olla? Let us know in the comments! We love to hear how yours came out.